The 2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe is the latest addition to the lineup of Cadillac’s best-selling cars. The 2-door coupe joins 4-door sedan and wagon body styles, which see no major changes for 2011. The coupe seats 4 while other versions seat 5. The high-performance CTS-V returns as a rear-drive sedan powered by a 556-horsepower supercharged 6.2-liter V8. It teams with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission.
Coupe is a classic 2+2 layout bolstered with advanced technology, such as a rear-view camera system and a performance-oriented suspension system coupled to rear-wheel or all-wheel drive. The CTS coupe rides on the sedan’s wheelbase, yet is about two inches shorter in height and two inches shorter in overall length. It eschews a conventional B-pillar for coupe styling, and interestingly, loses its door handles for push-button entry similar to that offered on the Chevrolet Corvette.
The front fascia features some detail changes compared to the CTS Sedan, such as enlarged openings for the brake cooling vents. The rear fascia adds a center-exit exhaust and unique diamond cut-style mesh lower grilles.
Although it draws from its sport sedan sister, the Cadillac CTS Coupe shares only the instrument panel, console, headlamps, front fenders and grille. Key design features include:
- Classic hardtop styling, with no conventional B-pillar
- Touch-pad operation for the doors removes the need for conventional door handles, creating a technical, clean profile
- A windshield laid at a faster angle (62.3 degrees) and a long, nearly horizontal backglass area combine to create a sleek, aerodynamic look
- Sculpted lower front fascia with unique brake-cooling vents
- Diamond cut-style rear fascia with mesh lower grilles
- Center-outlet exhaust with twin dihedral-shaped tips that pass through the rear fascia
- Signature vertical lighting, highlighted with LED light pipes
- Rear spoiler integrated into the center high-mounted stop lamp
- Sculpted roof-mounted antenna for OnStar and XM Satellite Radio
Car offers a host of advanced technologies, including:
- Integrated iPod/MP3 capability
- 40-gig hard drive, including the ability to store music and pause-and-replay live radio
- Pop-up navigation system
- Adaptive forward lighting system
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Standard Keyless Access and Smart Remote Start
- Rear Camera system
- Bose 5.1 Cabin Surround™ audio system
As with other Cadillac models, the Cadillac CTS Coupe comes standard with OnStar with Turn-by-Turn Navigation, the first factory-installed, fully integrated GPS navigation system from OnStar.